Are you a one-of-a-kind design wizard, budding with creativity?
We have a new opportunity for a UI Designer to come on board and express yourself, you will be an integral part of our Design team’s success by creating beautiful, usable interfaces that enhance our client's users' digital experiences. As a UI Designer, you will lead a user-centred design process to solve some of our clients biggest challenges, you will drive the performance of our digital journeys while supporting the evolution of style-guides and design principles.
In this role you will:
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary squad who's a job it is to help to promote delightful, coherent and consistent experience to our client's users
- You will help identify new opportunities and shape requirements through discovery activities
- You will make objective design decisions, with inclusive design at the heart of everything you do
- You will be an enthusiastic advocate of the role design can play in evolving our clients brand, showcasing your work to stakeholders across their business
- You will be expected to intensively use – and promote the use of – analytics, user testing data and other research tools to drive for optimal user experiences, encouraging feedback and iterating our designs accordingly.
- You will work with the design and front-end engineering teams to update and maintain reusable libraries of UX/UI styles and components, and will generally demonstrate a cost-conscious view towards design approach (e.g. designs should be appropriate, timely and to quality that does not require expensive rework in development).
- You’ll bring your ideas to life through expert visual and UI design, which you’ll also utilise this to shape the design direction for our clients
- You’ll facilitate collaborative, cross-functional workshops to explore a variety and volume of design solutions, backed by insight and data.
Hit apply if you:
- Have an eye for detail and can demonstrate a high level of creative execution of design, typography and layout
- Are comfortable prototyping at a range of fidelity, from pen and paper sketches to fully interactive, animated prototypes built with the latest tools.
- Are familiar with a lean, fast-paced and iterative process
- You are a naturally curious and tenacious problem solver
- You have a team-oriented style, open to new ideas and to diverse opinions
- You are clear and passionate when it comes to articulating your design rationale to stakeholders. You know how to tell a great story
- You’re self-motivated, self-accountable and outcome-focused
- You have a fluent approach to problem-solving, who’s comfortable in the face of big ambiguous problems.
- You have proven experience of working in a digital design environment
- Can champion usability and user-centred design that is validated through user research and testing
- Can demonstrate an awareness of the latest design and industry trends
- You can share an awesome portfolio that tells the story of your design thinking.
It would also be good, but not essential that you:
- Experience in rapid prototyping
- Experience in task-flow, user-flows and wire-flows
- Experience in graphic design
A competitive salary is offered and is dependent on skills and experience
UI Design: 3 years+ (Required)
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Annual Training Budget
- Childcare Vouchers
- Private Health Insurance
- Performance Related Bonuses
- High spec workstations with dual screen monitors (Apple Mac)
- Opportunities to attend industry events such as Kentico Connection and Microsoft TechDays
- Central Locations in Reading and London in brand new modern offices
- Private Health Insurance and Lifestyle Benefits
- Cycle To Work scheme
Who are Discover IT?
- Fast Expanding Digital Agency
- Top 10 Kentico Gold Partner in Europe and Globally
- Global Clients in Financial Services, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Local Government, Non-Profits
- Microsoft Partner
- Google Partner
- Offices in Reading Town Centre and London Paddington